Friday, December 23, 2011

Gluten Free Recipes from a Student's Mom

One of the hard parts about being a teacher and not eating Gluten is when students bring in treats for the class.  Most of the time I feel fine when saying no, but it would be nice to be able to eat the treats on occasion...

This past week at school I had a wonderful surprise!  A student's mom baked some Gluten free treats for the whole class!  She made extra so I could take them home... and to top off this wonderful gesture, she also gave me the recipes so I could make them at home.  She has mentioned gluten free cookbooks to me before, and if I find out with book they are from I will put a credit here.  The brownies and no-bake cookies were delicious, and they deserve credit!

Gluten Free Brownies (350 for 30 minutes)

4oz (squares) baker chocolate (unsweetened)
3/4 cup + one tablespoon butter
1 3/4 cup sugar (more if you please, I like to use less)
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix

Melt Chocolate & Butter together in a large pot.  Add sugar. Stir in eggs one at a time.  Stir in vanilla. Add flour, stir together.

Butter 9x13 baking dish, pour in batter and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool, but, and ENJOY!

Granny Glady's Chocolate Oat Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
4 Tbls Cocoa Powder
3 cups Gluten Free Oats
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup peanut butter (or Almond Butter)

Melt butter, milk and sugar in a pan, boil for 1 minute. Add cocoa powder, oats, vanilla and peanut butter.  Stir until combined. Quickly drop spoonfuls of oats onto wax paper. Cool then eat!

Some very yummy and easy treats to make! Thank you for sharing your creations!

No comments: